Tile Roof Cleaning Services in Greater Portland
A tile roof is an exceptional feature to have on your home. They are as elegant, sturdy, and long-lasting as they are beautiful and sophisticated. Cleaning and maintaining the tiles will enhance and preserve the value of your home for years to come.
Why Clean Your Tile Roof?
At first glance, you may not even notice that your roof needs cleaning. You’ve looked at it so long that the accumulated dirt, moss or organic debris has just become part of the view. But, it’s pretty likely that your neighbors have noticed. And moss and moisture problems could be lurking under the dirt and debris.
A regular cleaning preserves your roof’s basic function—to shed water from your house and keep everything inside dry and beautiful. Professional, personalized cleaning prevents small, roof problems from turning into big structural problems. If you’re looking to sell your home, you’ll maintain its resale value and beauty when the listing day arrives.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Tile Roof
We prepare for and approach a tile roof cleaning project like much like we do for other types of roofing material—thoroughly, professionally and respectfully. However, as the homeowner, you also can do several things that can save money and time once you’ve started a cleaning and maintenance schedule. For example:
- Inspect the roof and surrounding areas. Make it a regular habit to walk around your house and look at the roof to see if any tiles are missing or cracked. Keep an eye out for plants and moss growing up there, too.
- Keep the roof dry and clear. While tile is not as porous as cedar shake, for example, it can still host a variety of moss species. The drier the roof, the less moss and fewer long-term problems you will have.
- Remove any plants or vines growing on or near the roof surface. Vines on exterior walls and roofs prevent surfaces from drying properly and can twist their way into small crevices. Always trim back vines and overhead branches that are too close to the house.
- Keep your gutters clean. Stuffed and clogged gutters cause water to back-up into your roof structure. The moisture can quickly rot and destroy your tiles and the underlayment.
- Clean your roof regularly. “Regular” could mean every three months or every three years. Much depends upon your home’s specific location and what’s actually up there. Speak with a professional to learn what cleaning schedule works best for your tile roof.
We can help you maintain the beauty of your tile roof while also extending your roof’s life. Our award-winning professionals have the right equipment and knowledge to protect your roof and apply proper preventative care.
Call Today for a Free Estimate on Beautifying Your Tile Roof
All Surface Roofing & Construction is here to help you with your next roofing project. We will treat you with respect from the beginning of your project to the end. Call us at 503-590-9274 or contact us online to set up your free estimate today.